Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bye, Beautiful

Whitney Houston died today. Officially at 3:55 pm but she was probably dead long before that. In more ways than one. It's like she sputtered out. When she started out she was so fresh, so delectable, so young. And now that seems so long ago, so in another time and place. Whitney today is no more. Her body lies at the Los Angeles City Morgue, waiting to (or perhaps, already have) undergo(ne) an autopsy as I sit here and write this.

The greatest singer of my time has died. I don't know what drove Whitney to do what she did with her life. I have no idea why she couldn't overcome whatever she needed to overcome or what her daily environment was like. Was she hooked on pills? That seems to be the most deadly high for celebrities. Or did her heart just give out from all the years of cigarette and crack smoke? I guess it doesn't matter what made her die she is gone and it's another, new, reality without her.

0 comments: